You are here
Anna Marie Smith
Prof. Smith teaches and conducts research in the field of political theory. She is particularly interested in jurisprudence and normative political theory; distributive justice and socioeconomic rights; poverty assistance programs and public education policy; feminist theory and feminist legal studies; critical race theory; and the rhetoric of modern State power and citizenship.
- Feminist, Gender, Sexuality Studies
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender studies
- Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Studies
- Feminist Theory
- Law and Society
- Post-Structuralist Theories of Identity
- Power and Ideology
- Theoretical Approaches to Race and Racism.
- She is currently working on a project that addresses various social theory and normative theory approaches to welfare reform, the sexual regulation of poor women through welfare law, and the politicization of marriage in contemporary American politics.
- Prof. Smith teaches and conducts research in the field of political theory. She is particularly interested in studying theoretical approaches to the regulation of sexuality; feminist legal theory and feminist theory in general; critical race theory; ideology and discourse analysis; social theories of identity and power relations; and Marxist and post-Marxist theory.