You are here
John L. Senior Professor of American Institutions
Theodore Lowi has been the John L. Senior Professor of American Institutions at Cornell University since 1972. He received his doctorate at Yale in 1961, served on the Cornell faculty from 1959 to 1965 and on the political science faculty at the University of Chicago between 1965 and 1972. His primary fields are American government, political institutions and public policy.
- history and influence of the multi-party system
- political theory, public policy analysis, and American political institutions
- politics of globalization
- critical history of the American Democratic party
- conceptual approach to political theory :use of the computer to develop a cross-tabulational approach to concepts