You are here
Maxwell M. Upson Professor of Government
- Italian Communism (his first book was Peasant Communism in Southern Italy (Yale, 1967)
- Comparative Communism
- Communism in Italy and France (Princeton 1972, ed., with Donald L.M. Blackmer)
- Comparative Local Politics (Between Center and Periphery, Yale 1978),
- Quantitative and Qualitative Reconstruction of Italian Protest Cycle of the Late 1960's and Early 1970's (Democracy and Disorder (Oxford, 1989))
- 2005. The New Transnational Activism. Cambridge University Press.
- 2001. (with Doug Imig, eds.) Contentious Europeans: Protest and Politics in Europeanizing Polity. Rowman and Littlefield, Inc.
- 2001. (with Doug McAdam and Charles Tilly) Dynamics of Contention. Cambridge University Press. (trans. Dinamica de la contienda politica. Madrid: Hacer Editorial, 2005).
- 2001. (with Ron Aminzade, et al.) Silence and Voice in the Study of Contentious Politics. Cambridge University Press.
- 2005. (with Donatella della Porta, eds.). Transnational Protest and Global Activism. Lanham, MD: Rowman Littlefield.
- 2006 (with Charles Tilly). Contentious Politics. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers (trans: Politica conflittuale. Milan: Mondadori, 2007).