Klarman Postdoctoral Fellow
Baobao Zhang is a Klarman Postdoctoral Fellow affiliated with the Department of Government. In Fall 2021, she will be an assistant professor at the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University. Her current research focuses on the governance of artificial intelligence (AI). She studies public and elite opinion toward AI and how the American welfare state could adapt to the increasing automation of labor. Her previous research covered a wide range of topics, including the politics of the U.S. welfare state, attitudes towards climate change, and survey methodology. Her work has been published in PLOS One, Political Analysis, the Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, and Nature Climate Change.
In the news
- Zhang, Klarman fellow, named Schmidt Futures AI2050 Fellow
- AI researchers trust international, scientific organizations most
- Vaccine acceptance higher in developing nations than U.S.
- Klarman Fellow Zhang named CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar
- Event examines the ethics, politics and future of AI
- Panel to examine the intersection of artificial intelligence with ethics, politics and policy