Politics, Sandwiches, and Comments
PSAC is a workshop of the Cornell Department of Government for research primarily in American politics, comparative politics, and international relations. PSAC seminars feature papers from department graduate students and faculty and from scholars at other universities. These sessions allow students, faculty, and guests to engage in lively debate and discussion on diverse topics from different subfields of political science.
All are welcome. Interested graduate students and faculty in any field are encouraged to join us. The workshop meets in-person on most Fridays, from 11:30am-1:00pm in White Hall 106, unless otherwise noted below.
For questions regarding the 2023-2024 PSAC talks, please contact Emily Jackson (email@example.com).
2023-2024 PSAC speaker series
- September 6 – Kai Quek (University of Hong Kong) - Please note that this talk is on a Wednesday. It will be in White Hall 104 from 12:15 - 1:45pm.
- September 8 – Emily Dunlop (Post-doc Talk)
- September 15 – Eun A Jo (Practice Job Talk)
- September 22 – Shiqi Ma (Practice Job Talk)
- September 29 –Mike Kriner (Practice Job Talk)
- October 6 –Rebecca Perlman (UC Berkeley)
- October 13 – Angie Torres-Beltran (Practice Job Talk)
- October 20 – Ellen Lust (University of Gothenburg )
- October 27 – Patricia Posey (University of Chicago)
- November 3 – Noah Zucker (LSE)
- November 10 – Barbara Sutton (SUNY Albany)
- December 1 – Sarah Thompson (Stanford)
- January 26 – Viviana Rivera-Burgos (Baruch College - CUNY)
- February 2 – David Szakonyi (George Washington)
- February 9 – Melissa Lee (UPenn)
- February 16 – Renard Sexton (Emory)
- March 1 – Niloufer Siddiqui (University at Albany - SUNY)
- March 8 – Johnathan Obert (Amherst College)
- April 12 – Melani Cammett (Harvard University)
- April 19 – Joanna Wuest (Mount Holyoke College)
- April 26 – Debra Thompson (McGill)
May 3 – K Sabeel Rahman (Cornell)