Nicolas van de Walle
Maxwell M. Upson Professor of Government
Nicolas van de Walle (PhD. Princeton University, 1990) has been a professor in the department since 2004. His primary field is comparative politics. His teaching and research focuses on the political economy of development, with a special focus on Africa; on democratization, and on the politics of economic reform.
- comparative politics
- political economy of development
- politics of economic reform
- African political and economic processe
- International Political Economy
- The effectiveness of foreign aid.
In the news
- Does Gabon coup hurt or aid democracy? Too soon to tell
- New book examines democracy in Africa
- ‘Serendipity’ leads to summer research for history major