You are here
Nicolas van de Walle
Maxwell M. Upson Professor of Government
Nicolas van de Walle (PhD. Princeton University, 1990) has been a professor in the department since 2004. His primary field is comparative politics. His teaching and research focuses on the political economy of development, with a special focus on Africa; on democratization, and on the politics of economic reform.
- Africana Studies
- Public Affairs
- comparative politics
- political economy of development
- politics of economic reform
- African political and economic processe
- International Political Economy
- The effectiveness of foreign aid.
- GOVT 1313 : Introduction to Comparative Government and Politics
- GOVT 4999 : Undergraduate Independent Study
- GOVT 7999 : Independent Study