You are here
Christopher Robert Way
Professor Way is an Associate Professor of Government. His research and teaching interests include international relations and international/comparative political economy.
- Peace Studies and Peace Science
- Public Affairs
- international/comparative political economy
- international relations
- political economy of OECD democracies. These focus on the triad of organized labor, partisanship of government, and central bank independence
- political business cycle, focusing on the effects of electoral cycles -- and the desire to stay in power more generally -- on policy making in a number of issue areas in international political economy; effects of political insecurity on policymaking -exchange rates, trade negotiations, and financial market liberalization
- testing theories of WMD proliferation, initially by brining quantitative methods to bear on this almost exclusively qualitative research agenda, and eventually by integrating quantitative and qualitative methods in a more comprehensive study.
- assessing the relationship between the economic interdependence and conflict -military conflict, economic disputes