Emeritus Maxwell Upson Professor of Government and Adjunct Professor, Cornell Law School
- Social movements and contentious politics (Power in Movement, Cambridge, 2011)
- Transnational Social movements (The New Transnational Activism, Cambridge, 2005)
- European comparative politics (with Doug Imig, Contentious Europeans, Rowman and Littlefield, 2001)
- War and movements (War, States and Contention, Cornell, 2015).
- 2015. War, States, and Contention. Cornell University Press.
- 2011. Power in Movement, Third Edition, Cambridge University Press.
- 2006. (with Charles Tilly). Contentious Politics. Boulder, CO: Paradigm Publishers (trans: Politica conflittuale. Milan: Mondadori, 2007).
- 2005. The New Transnational Activism. Cambridge University Press.
- 2005. (with Donatella della Porta, eds.). Transnational Protest and Global Activism. Lanham, MD: Rowman Littlefield.
- 2001. (with Doug Imig, eds.) Contentious Europeans: Protest and Politics in Europeanizing Polity. Rowman and Littlefield, Inc.
- 2001. (with Doug McAdam and Charles Tilly) Dynamics of Contention. Cambridge University Press. (trans. Dinamica de la contienda politica. Madrid: Hacer Editorial, 2005).
- 2001. (with Ron Aminzade, et al.) Silence and Voice in the Study of Contentious Politics. Cambridge University Press.
In the news